Friday, February 5, 2010

11 months!

My dear sweet 11 month old Zane,

I'm having a hard time writing this post. It is inconceivable to me that you are so close to A YEAR. What a difference a year makes. This time last year your dad and I were putting together baby equipment and wondering when you might show up. We saw was too many bad movies since we had no idea how many we would get to see in the theatre once you showed up (the answer: ONE). We went on long walks and ate lots of cajun food since I was just about ready for you to hurry up and get here already! But, you weren't going to be a February baby after all, so we just waited.



These days, I almost forget what it was like to be so impatient. Nothing seems to go slowly anymore, not with you around. With you, my sweet baby boy, time moves at lightning speed, for here you are, 11 months old already.



The past month has been a hectic one. I was in DC for a few days, and leaving you was the hardest thing I ever had to do. But you did great at home with dad and grammy and the hugs I got when you woke up from your nap and saw me standing there, after three days, were the best hugs I've had in all my life. And your dad is an excellent hugger, so that's saying a lot!

You love playing with your toys, especially your ball pit and your ball popper (which, thanks to the fine folks at playskool has been replaced. The first one was, um, broken) and anything that shakes or bangs together is always a good time. You definitely don't know how to sleep in, but mom and dad can usually hold you off for a bit in the mornings with a little bit of elmo.

The day before your 11-month birthday was also picture day at school. I can't wait to see how they came out, your first school picture! Your teachers love you to death and we hear that you are quite the flirt, always batting those mile-long eyelashes of yours and blowing kisses to all of the teachers. We've also had a report that you like playing with the little girls in your class most of all. Uh oh, we might be in trouble!!!

The most exciting thing is that you are *this close* to walking. You are pulling yourself up on anything you can and doing that whole cruising thing where you motor from thing to thing (usually toy box to toy shelf to ottoman). In honor of this big occasion you and I went to the mall to get you your very first pair of big kid shoes. You didn't mind that shopping trip, since the shoe store means you get to get out of the stroller and cruise around and play with toys. Your kind of shopping!

I can't wait to see what you do next, I love you to pieces little boy.

Mommy


oh, and p.s. I haven't cut your hair yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment